At A.B. Walker & Son we understand that the death of a loved one is an extremely difficult time and we are at hand to provide exceptional levels of customer service. Our clients can contact our funeral services department 24 hours a day.
For any funeral service, the first practical step is to arrange the removal of the deceased into our care and then await instructions. We then provide advice and guidance for all aspects of the funeral service. Detailed discussions of the various funeral options and the co-ordination of funeral requirements usually occur at our offices but, if preferred, we can visit clients at home.
We would discuss:
- Options, availability and booking of the funeral venue and funeral officiant
- Planning the funeral transport
- The necessary registration and administration requirements
- Viewing and dressing of the body and the return of property
- Choosing a coffin
- Newspaper notices, funeral stationery and printed orders of service
- Funeral flowers or venue flowers
- Special funeral options such as alternative funeral transport (see below), musical options, and opportunities for personalisation of the ceremony
- Post-funeral refreshments
- Costs, payment terms and guidance with DWP claims
Although the majority of funerals take place within a 20 mile radius of our offices, we regularly conduct funerals throughout the United Kingdom and are highly experienced in the transfer of the deceased to and from abroad.
We are experienced and practised in arranging funeral services for all religions and beliefs and aim to provide each of our clients with a respectful and bespoke service. We are leading members of the two main trade organisations and actively promote and uphold their Code of Conduct.
Special funeral transport option - horse drawn carriage