This accessibility statement applies to https://www.abwalker.co.uk and does not cover any other third-party sites or sub-domains.
This website is run by AB Walker & Son Ltd. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts and use browser/accessibility specific stylesheets to later appearance.
- Zoom in up to 150% without the text spilling off the screen.
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible or reliant on third-party/off-site technologies:
- PDF document and other downloads may not be fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Captions in embedded videos may be missing or auto-generated by a third-party platform and may not be 100% accurate.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website or help with accessing content, please get in-touch with us:
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 0118 957 3650
- Post: A. B. Walker Head Office, 36 Eldon Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 4DL
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as quickly as we can.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact our team using one of the contact methods outlined above in the section ‘Feedback and contact information‘.
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We will do out best to accommodate those living with a disability at our offices. To find out how to contact us directly at a specific site, refer to our contact page, or refer to the contact methods outlined above in the section ‘Feedback and contact information‘.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
This website is mostly compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard; the main non-compliances and exemptions are listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with accessibility standards
- Where deployed, our videos are hosted on YouTube – although this platform provides high accessibility levels, currently our videos do not have captions embedded in the files and may rely on auto-generated captions. We hope to rectify this in the future.
Navigation and accessing information
Whilst enlarging the entire site is well supported and works well, it’s not possible for users to change text size beyond 150% without some limited content overlapping. In most cases text can be resized to approximately 250% without issue, although depending on screen size there may be some potential issues with the primary navigation.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing the issues with navigation and accessing information. We believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility standards. We will make another assessment when we are reviewing and improving the site in the future.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility standards
- Third-party mapping services – We use Google Maps as a third party map service provider, this service is currently exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 13th June 2023 and was last reviewed and tested on 13th June 2023. The test was carried out by Illustrate Digital.
We used the following approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test:
We identified the main user interface components and tested the following pages:
- Inner content page
- Post type archive
- Post type single page
We used the following testing procedures and tools:
- Various browser extensions to test accessibility, including AXE and WAVE.
- Manual test of keyboard navigation.
- Manual code review.